Application deadline: Noon on 29 September 2015 (Tuesday)
Quantity: 2 (competed among FHSS nominees)
- current local students admitted into a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate degree programme in or before the academic year 2014/15.
a)outstanding academic achievements of previous year of studies (the minimum cumulative GPA of 2014/15 should be 3.5)
b)active involvement in co-curricular activities and community services
c)strong leadership ability
The application documents must be well-typed and submitted IN HARD COPY to APSS General Office (HJ 402) by noon on 29 September 2015, Tuesday. During non-office hours, applicants should place their application documents to the mailbox next to the counter. The application documents include:
1. *Completed Application Form with true signature on page 4 (click HERE to download)
2. *Copy of recent assessment result record OR copy of academic transcript;
3. *An article of 200-500 words on how you are inspired by Dr. Ng’s spirit of pursuing life-long learning (Please refer to Memoir of the late Dr. Ng for reference)
4. Other supporting documents:
3.1.List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click http://apss.polyu.edu.hk/files/b_-_list_of_non-academic_achievement.doc to download);
3.2 Reference letter/ Copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community services;
(Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP. Late or incomplete application will not be considered.
Selection Criteria/ Procedures
1. APSS Scholarship Selection Panel will review all applications and nominate 1 student to FHSS;
2. FHSS will review nominations from departments and select 2 students to receive the scholarship;
3. Final awardee is subject to the donors’ approval; and the donors reserve the right to withdraw the scholarships in case there is no deserving candidate or any other unforeseen circumstances;
4. Awardees will receive notification from SAO on payment arrangement.
Nominees who do not receive notification by December 2015 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
-The nominees are required to write an article of 200-500 words on how they are inspired by Dr. Ng’s spirit of pursuing life-long learning.
-The awardees are requested to write a thank-you note/letter to the family of the late Dr. Ng Tat-lun.
-The awardees are required to attend the scholarship gathering scheduled for 23 November 2015 (Monday) at 5:30 p.m. in PolyU and related scholarship functions/ ceremonies hosted by PolyU/the Donor.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact APSS colleagues at 2766 5742 (Miss Emily SIU).