Application deadline: Noon on 15 October 2016 (Thu)
Quantity: 2 [APSS will nominate 1 student to compete with nominees of other PolyU departments and institutions]
Amount: HK$5,000- each
- full-time non-first-year & non-final-year undergraduate degree female students in 2016/17;
- good academic performance in 2015/16 (cumulative GPA preferably over 3.5);
- demonstrate current active participation and involvement in community services;
- Both local and non-local students are eligible
- two recommendation letters, one from the academic department and one from the community/ voluntary service organization she is involved in.
1) The two nominees shortlisted by PolyU will have to enroll the HKAUW Annual Undergraduate membership for Undergraduate and settle the membership fee payment of HK$150.
2) The PolyU nominee(s) shortlisted by the Donor must attend a selection interview on 12 November 2016 (Saturday). Otherwise, she/they will not be considered for the Scholarship. Nominees who do not receive notification by mid-December 2016 should consider their nominations unsuccessful.
3) The awardees are required by the Donor to complete a minimum of 40 hours of quality community service within six months of receiving the Scholarship. Such service projects must be mutually agreed on by the scholarship awardee and HKAUW in advance.
4) Certificates and cheques** will be presented to the awardees at the HKAUW Scholarship Presentation Ceremony cum Christmas Dinner scheduled for 10 December 2016 (Saturday). The awardees are required to attend the event. Absence will mean forfeiture of the Scholarship.
1. APSS Scholarship Selection Panel will review all applications and nominate ONE student receive the prize;
2. Final awardee is subject to the donors’ approval; and the donors reserve the right to withdraw the scholarships in case there is no deserving candidate or any other unforeseen circumstances;
3. Awardee will receive notification from SRRL on payment arrangement.
Complete and sign the application form and submit the hard copy of the required documents to the APSS General Office [HJ402] by 12:00nn on 15 October 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
1. *Completed Application Form (click here to download);
2. *Recent Academic Transcript;
3. Other supporting documents:
3.1. List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click here to download);
3.2. Copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community service. (Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP.
Late application will not be considered.
Applicants who do not receive notification by December 2016 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Email to email@example.com or contact APSS colleagues at 2766 5730 (Ms Rachel HUI) or 2766 5742 (Ms Emily SIU).