Application deadline: Noon on 3 October 2016, Monday
Quantity: 3 (2 from BASPA, 1 from BASW)
Amount: HK$40,000- (for local student) and HK$80,000- (for non-local student)
- To outstanding sub-degree graduates* newly admitted into the Senior Year places of the PolyU full-time government-funded degree programmes in 2016/17 (i.e. only those students with Student ID No. starting with ‘16’ are eligible).
* Students with sub-degree awarded by institution(s) other than PolyU are eligible. Moreover, advanced standing students who are sub-degree holders will also be considered.
- Both local and non-local students are eligible.
- At the time of nomination, the nominees should not be holding entry scholarship(s) or other scholarship(s) [excluding scholarship for exchange/overseas studies] with an individual value equal to or above the tuition fee level of the nominees in 2016/17.
- The disciplinary record(s) of the nominees with PolyU will be taken into consideration.
- The awardees should maintain a full-time registered student status in Semester One and Two in the academic year 2016/17.
- The awardees are expected to maintain a satisfactory level of academic performance in the academic year 2016/17. Otherwise, the selection panel reserves the right to withdraw the Scholarship already awarded to the awardees.
- Academic merit
- Achievement/ involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community services, demonstrated leadership and good communication skills in the past two academic years
1. APSS Scholarship Selection Panel will review all applications and nominate 3 students to PolyU;
2. The awardees will be selected by a selection panel comprising PolyU academic staff members. The decision of the panel is final.
The application documents must be well-typed and submitted IN HARD COPY to APSS General Office (HJ 402) by noon on 30 September 2016, Friday. During non-office hours, applicants should place their applicant documents to the mailbox next to the counter. The application documents include:
1. *Completed Application Form with true signature on page 2 (click HERE to download)
2. *Copy of recent assessment result record OR copy of academic transcript;
3. Other supporting documents:
3.1.List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click HERE to download);
3.2 Reference letter/ Copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community services
(Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP. Late application will not be considered.
Applicants who do not receive notification in December 2016 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Scholarship will be renewed to the same recipient until the completion of the degree programme pursued subject to the attainment of a yearly GPA of at least 3.2 in the previous year of studies and fulfillment of other award conditions.
Email to email@example.com or contact APSS colleagues at 2766 5730 (Ms. Rachel HUI) or 2766 5742 (Ms. Emily SIU).