Application deadline: Noon on 13 January 2016 (Wed)
Quantity: 11 (APSS will nominate ONE applicant to compete among nominees from other departments of PolyU)
Amount: HK$50,000- each
- Local students pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme in APSS (ie: BASW, BASPA and BDSS full-time programmes).
- Both students from 3-year or 4-year curriculum are eligible.
- For non-first year applicants: obtained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 or above or be within top 3% of class in the academic year 2014/15;
- For first-year applicants: obtained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 or above OR be within top 3% of class in the First Semester of 2015/16
- The nominee is required to submit an essay of less than 500 words on the topic “Please share with us one area that Hong Kong can do better. What can be done to address the need and what will you personally do to lead, facilitate or contribute?” as indicated in the application form.
The selection will be based on academic merit and extent of involvement in extra-curricular activities & community services. The English proficiency, leadership qualities as well as other personal qualities and potential of the nominees are also the key factors determining the success of the nomination.
1. APSS will nominate ONE student to Students Resources and Residential Life (SRRL);
2. Nominees from different Departments of PolyU must attend a group interview conducted arranged by SRRL at 27 January 2016 in PolyU campus. The panels will shortlist up to 14 candidates for the Donor’s further consideration.
3. The shortlisted candidates must attend a final selection interview in person with the Donor(HSBC)’s selection panel during February to April 2016. Otherwise, they will not be considered for the Scholarship.
4. The nominees will be notified of the selection results by SRRL in around May 2016.
Complete and sign the application form and submit the hard copy of the required documents to the APSS General Office [HJ402] by 12:00nn on 13 January 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
1. *Completed Application Form (click here to download);
2. *Recent Academic Transcript; (for non-year one applicants only)
3. Other supporting documents:
3.1. List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click here to download);
3.2. Copy of certificates or proof on on extra-curricular activities and community service.
(Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP.
Late application will not be considered.
Nominees who do not receive notification by February 2015 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Email to email@example.com or contact APSS colleagues at 2766 5742 (Miss Emily SIU).