Application deadline: Noon on 15 October 2016 (Thu)
Quantity: 1 [APSS will nominate 1 student to compete with nominees of other PolyU departments and institutions]
Amount: Fellowship: HK$50,000- each
Scholarship: HK$40,000- each
- local student with the right of abode or the right to land in Hong Kong or are permitted to stay in Hong Kong without restriction;
- have resided in Hong Kong for at least three years as at 1.9.2016;
- have special educational needs as referred to in the Hong Kong Rehabilitation Programme Plan released by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
- not be engaged in full-time employment;
- not be nominated for the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Scholarships for Undergraduate and Diploma Students 2016/17 or the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowships for Postgraduate Research Students 2016/17
- be registered full-time postgraduate research students undertaking University Grants Committee (UGC)-funded / publicly-funded courses in 2016/17
- student in BASPA(full-time) and BASW(full-time);
- non-first-year student;
- Senior-year /Advanced-standing students (who are sub-degree holders) admitted to a UGC-funded degree programme in 2016/17 may also be considered;
# Disabled students with special educational needs (SEN) include those having physical disabilities, visual impairment, hearing impairment, speech and language impairment, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders, specific learning difficulties, autism spectrum disorders and/or intellectual disabilities.
- standards of academic achievements and intellectual qualities relative to their individual disabilities;
- leadership qualities as demonstrated in their involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community services;
- proficiency in the language in which the course / research is undertaken; and
- other personal qualities and potentials, including expected future contribution to Hong Kong.
- strategic importance of the research to the social, economic and technological development of Hong Kong;
- whether or not the research has been or is being done in Hong Kong; and
- possible completion of the research within 2 years for a master degree or 3 years for a doctorate degree.
1. APSS Scholarship Selection Panel will review all applications and nominate ONE student receive the prize;
2. Final awardee is subject to the donors’ approval; and the donors reserve the right to withdraw the scholarships in case there is no deserving candidate or any other unforeseen circumstances;
3. Awardee will receive notification from SRRL on payment arrangement.
Complete and sign the application form and submit the hard copy of the required documents to the APSS General Office [HJ402] by 12:00nn on 15 October 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
1. *Completed Application Form
[Fellowship] (click here to download);
[Scholarship] (click here to download);
2. *Recent Academic Transcript;
3. Other supporting documents:
3.1. List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click here to download);
3.2. Copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community service. (Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP.
Late application will not be considered.
Applicants who do not receive notification by December 2016 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact APSS colleagues at 2766 5730 (Ms Rachel HUI) or 2766 5742 (Ms Emily SIU).