Application deadline: Noon on 14 September 2015 (Monday)
Quantity: 8 [APSS will nominate 1 student to compete with nominees of other PolyU departments and institutions]
Amount: HK$40,000- each
- student in HDSW, BASPA(full-time) and BASW(full-time) programme;
-Senior-year /Advanced-standing students (who are sub-degree holders) admitted in 2015/16 can also be considered;
-local student with right of abode or the right to land in Hong Kong or are permitted to stay in Hong Kong without restriction;
-have resided in Hong Kong for at least three years as at 1.9.2015;
-not be engaged in full-time employment.
(a) standards of academic performance and intellectual qualities;
(b) leadership qualities as demonstrated in their involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community services;
(c) proficiency in the language in which the course is undertaken;
(d) relevance of the courses which the candidates undertake as to their contribution to Hong Kong; and
(e) other personal qualities and potentials, including expected future contribution to Hong Kong.
1. APSS Scholarship Selection Panel will review all applications and nominate 1 student to FHSS;
2. FHSS will review nominations from departments and nominate 2 students to PolyU;
3. PolyU (via SRL, Centre STARS) will review nominations from faculties and nominate 4 students to Donor;
4. Donor representatives (The Council) will review nominations from 8 institutions and invite selected nominees for interview in December 2015.
5. Final awardee is subject to the donors’ approval; and the donors reserve the right to withdraw the scholarships in case there is no deserving candidate or any other unforeseen circumstances;
6. Awardees will receive notification from SAO on payment arrangement.
The application documents must be well-typed and submitted IN HARD COPY to APSS General Office (HJ 402) by noon on 14 September 2015, Monday. During non-office hours, applicants should place their applicant documents to the mailbox next to the counter. The application documents include:
1. *Completed Application Form with true signature on page 3 (click HERE to download)
2. *Copy of recent assessment result record OR academic transcript;
3. Other supporting documents: (optional but highly preferred as reference)
3.1.List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click http://apss.polyu.edu.hk/files/b_-_list_of_non-academic_achievement.doc to download);
3.2 Copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community services;
3.3 Proof of financial needs (eg: government grants, loans, social security assistance etc)
(Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP. Late application will not be considered.
Applicants who do not receive notification by December 2015 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
(a) the recipient accepts that the scholarship may be terminated at any time if and when his/her performance as reported by the institution is considered by the Council as unsatisfactory or when he/she for any reason ceases to be a full-time undergraduate / diploma student;
(b) the recipient undertakes to seek the Council’s prior approval if he/she wishes to alter the study programme from that specified in the nomination form. Otherwise he/she may be required by the Council to repay the scholarship money; and
(c) the recipient has to abide by any other conditions laid down by the Council.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact APSS colleagues at 2766 5742 (Miss Emily SIU).