Application deadline: Noon on 15 October 2016 (Thu)
Quantity: 1 [APSS will nominate 1 student to compete with nominees of other PolyU departments and institutions]
Amount: HK$40,000- each
- student in BASPA(full-time) and BASW(full-time);
- non-first-year student;
- Senior-year /Advanced-standing students (who are sub-degree holders) admitted to a UGC-funded degree programme in 2016/17 may also be considered;
- local student with the right of abode or the right to land in Hong Kong or are permitted to stay in Hong Kong without restriction;
- have resided in Hong Kong for at least three years as at 1.9.2016;
- not be engaged in full-time employment
- standards of academic performance and intellectual qualities;
- leadership qualities as demonstrated in their involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community services;
- proficiency in the language in which the course is undertaken;
- relevance of the courses which the candidates undertake as to their contribution to Hong Kong; and
- other personal qualities and potentials, including expected future contribution to Hong Kong.
1. APSS Scholarship Selection Panel will review all applications and nominate ONE student receive the prize;
2. Final awardee is subject to the donors’ approval; and the donors reserve the right to withdraw the scholarships in case there is no deserving candidate or any other unforeseen circumstances;
3. Awardee will receive notification from SRRL on payment arrangement.
Complete and sign the application form and submit the hard copy of the required documents to the APSS General Office [HJ402] by 12:00nn on 15 October 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
1. *Completed Application Form (click here to download);
2. *Recent Academic Transcript;
3. Other supporting documents:
3.1. List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click here to download);
3.2. Copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community service. (Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP.
Late application will not be considered.
Applicants who do not receive notification by December 2016 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Email to email@example.com or contact APSS colleagues at 2766 5730 (Ms Rachel HUI) or 2766 5742 (Ms Emily SIU).